Ok, I’m not going to be the first person to say it, but 2020 was a year, man.
One thing that came out of this extra time at home though was I found myself immersed in reading. I couldn’t get books fast enough. I think at one point I had a pile of 10 books stacked on the floor waiting for me, and it actually made me giddy to look at it. Being able to pivot into different worlds and characters honestly was a saviour in a time when it was sometimes near impossible to see friends and loved ones.
Here are six of my favorite books I read this past year. If you read them, shoot me a message and let me know what you thought!
- The Alice Network by Kate Quinn
- In Five Years by Rebecca Serle
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- One Day In December by Josie Silver
- Next Year in Havana by Chanel Cleeton